You will get the chance to clean out your closet of unwanted items or cruise the curbs for some great finds with this year’s fall giveaway weekend this Saturday and Sunday.
All you have to do is place unwanted, reusable household items on the curb or the front of your street. Each item should labelled with a “FREE” sticker or sign.
You are asked to follow proper giveaway etiquette, such as:
– Take only the items at the curb marked “FREE”.
– Check all items closely for bed bugs before you put them in your vehicle or bring them into your home.
– Respect other people’s property – don’t walk or drive on people’s lawns or gardens.
– Giveaway items should still be in good condition.
– Don’t discard any items on another person’s lawn.
The city recommends donating leftover items to charities such as Diabetes Canada, Goodwill Industries, Salvation Army or local community gifting groups such as Winnipeg Free Share and Winnipeg Free Stuff.