The chill may be here to stay, but it’s all for the fun of winter!
- Ponds at Harbourview Recreation Complex and St. Vital Park Duck Pond are now open with changing facilities from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m.
- The Riley Family Duck Pond at Assiniboine Park is also open
- At The Forks, one kilometre of outdoor skating trails is now open, as is the skating rink under the canopy, where special programming is held weekends
- A list of other pleasure rinks operated by the city is online
- Toboggan runs are open at Bunn’s Creek Park and Fraser’s Grove Park, with runs at Kildonan Park, St. Vital Park and Cresent Drive set to open in time for the holidays
- A toboggan hill is also open at the Arctic Glacier Winter Park at The Forks
- City of Winnipeg toboggan runs are now open at Bunn’s Creek Park and Fraser’s Grove Park, with runs at Kildonan Park, St. Vital Park and Cresent Drive set to open in time for the holidays
- A full list of city hills and runs is available online.
- Downhill skiers can hit the slopes at Asessippi Ski Area & Resort, west of Inglis, MB
- Just outside Winnipeg, Springhill Winter Park is also open for the season; you can check conditions before heading out on Springhill’s website
- Stony Mountain Ski Area is open Saturdays and Sundays, with night skiing available on select weeknights
- Holiday Mountain in La Riviere, Man., is scheduled to open Friday, and Falcon Trails Resort in the Falcon Lake area is set to open Saturday
- Many groomed trails are now open, including the Windsor Park Nordic Centre
- The Cross Country Ski Association of Manitoba offers an updated, comprehensive guide to trails in the province to registered users of its website