Staying in town this weekend? Stay busy!
Museums and activities
Assiniboia Downs: Manitoba Derby Day at the race track involves extra family fun on Monday, with an assortment of free events for children.
Folklorama: A nearly two-week-long multicultural event offers dozens of volunteer-run pavilions featuring live entertainment, cultural activities and ethnic cuisine.
Oak Hammock Marsh: The interpretive centre and wildlife management area will host special activities for Hazy, Lazy Days of Summer from Aug. 3-5.
Icelandic Festival: Events run in Gimli all weekend.
Pioneer Days: Relive the Mennonite heritage in Steinbach from Aug. 2-5, where a parade is set for Friday morning on Main Street.
Métis Days: Travel to St. Laurent to learn about the Métis experience from Aug. 2-4.
- Outdoor pools will be open
- Six wading pools will be available for splashing, most will be open from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the following locations: Central Park, Dakota Park, Machray Park, Shaughnessy Park, West Kildonan Memorial Community Centre and Westdale
- All splash pads will keep the water flowing from 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- All city-run leisure centres, indoor pools and libraries will stay dark on Monday.
- Most liquor stores will be holding regular or extended hours leading up to holiday Monday, when all stores open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Unlike others, Cityplace Liquor Mart will remain closed on Aug. 5
Image: Fitness Corner