Winnipeg Transit has unveiled a list of of 22 routes that may see a service reduction in 2018 as part of plans to cut back on costs.
The complete list of routes facing cuts is as follows:
- 44 Grey.
- 45 Talbot.
- 56 St. Boniface-Downtown.
- 66 Grant.
- 71 Arlington.
- 76 University of Manitoba-St. Vital Centre.
- 79 Charleswood.
- 82 Grace Hospital-Unicity.
- 83 Murray Park-Strauss-Grace Hospital-Unicity.
- 85 Kildonan Place-All Seasons-Whellams.
- 87 Crossroads Station-South Transcona.
- 89 North Transcona-Regent-Kildonan Place.
- 92 Crossroads Station-Lakeside Meadows.
- 93 St. Vital Centre-South St. Vital.
- 95 Polo Park-Shaftesbury Park-Pan Am Pool-Riverview.
- 97 Fife-Main-Point Douglas.
- 98 Grace Hospital-Westdale-Unicity.
- 99 Misericordia/Windermere-Downtown.
- 101 DART St. Vital Centre-St. Amant-Plaza Drive.
- 102 DART Southdale Centre-Island Lakes.
- 109 DART Killarney-St. Norbert.
- 110 DART St. Boniface .
Winnipeg Transit is in the process of determining how many of these routes will be cut and if so, in what manner.
The moves are being made to combat an $8.3-million drop in expected funding Mayor Brian Bowman blames on the provincial government’s decision to stop funding half of transit’s operating costs that are not covered by fares.